Friday, July 16, 2010

The Newest Member Of The Crew


Hello Fair Readers!

I am happy to introduce the latest addition to our family. His name is Homer and he's an 18-month Beagle. My brother originally adopted him but realized that his schedule wasn't ideal for this dog. He was alone quite a bit from his previous owner and my brother knew that with his work schedule, he couldn't give Homer the time he needed. Now, Homer lives with my mom and I.

Homer Having A Snooze


So far, it's been an adjustment. Homer is a very loving and sweet dog, yet has all the alpha dog characteristics. For some reason, he likes to treat Gigi like a chew toy. He doesn't understand why he can't and when I tell him no, he will either chew on one of his toy bones or try to chew on something else.

He is doing excellent in agility but I think he will really get to shine when it's time for dog obedience. I hope to sign him up in the fall but with the way my school schedule is, I may be squeezing him in for a late summer class. Sometimes, it takes a little more work than usual when it comes to acclimating your dog to a new household. I consider Homer a labor of love. I know the end result will be worth it.

I hope you all are having a great day. I love to hear your comments so don't feel shy. That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog

Dog Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory