Now, dogsitting is more popular with dog owners. It's so in demand that there are three national pet sitter associations. One of them, Pet Sitters Associates, LTD offers insurance with their membership. Pet Sitters International (They also are the founders of Take Your Dog To Work Day). and the National Association of Pet Professionals are renowned for being quality organizations as well.
- You know that the dog is staying in an environment that they are familiar with.
- It's a good source of extra income.
- It gives the person a change of environment.
- It helps you understand the unique characteristics of each animal.
- The dog stays used to its daily routine.
- An owner doesn't need to have your mail forwarded.
- You have to put your regular routine on hold.
- It can be a costly investment.
- It may be for a long-term period.
What To Look For In A Great Pet Sitter
- They should get along well with your pet. Ideally, you need to have them meet beforehand to ensure that your dog is comfortable with that person.
- They are insured.
- They have a flexible schedule.
- They have reliable references.
- What is part of their service? Do they include dogwalking?
- Do they know first aid and what to do if an emergency arises?
- They are members of the professional association.