Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Sign That Your Dog Is Hungry

There are some dogs that love to eat. Others, are more particular, like my dog Gigi who will eat a kernel here and there when she is fed in the morning. Gigi, is a dog who has a sensitive stomach. So, I've learned through trial and error that I have to really look for the right food that will be gentler on her system.

Before I got to that point, I was buying typical dog food. Two mornings in a row, my Gigi seemed to have an upset stomach and sure enough, she threw up a clear yellow liquid. That liquid turned out to be bile.

It's always best to take your dog to the doctor when you find a situation like this. However, I was curious to see if there were any other pet owners who had similar problems with their dogs. With Gigi not even being two yet, I couldn't imagine it being a health issue. Plus, I would be taking her to the vet in the next couple of weeks.

After doing a Google search I did come across some owners who were in some similar situations. It turned out that the majority of dogs experience a case like Gigi's don't have enough food in their stomach. The bile builds up from the lack of food and well, you know the rest.

So, after I found a new type of food, I gave her some kernels in the morning by making it into a game for her. It may be spoiling her a little, but I wanted to know if that was the problem. After she would up eating some food, she didn't get sick that day. It's ideal to feed your dog twice a day to keep their food intake in balance. Some owners feed more, others less, but it all depends on your dog, I suppose.

That was about a week ago. Since then, she's stayed pretty consistent and is now eating better. It's funny how little changes can make a big difference. Sometimes just giving your dog a treat can suffice if the dog isn't into the food you have. I

Well, that's all for now. Thanks for stopping by and if you have any stories you'd like to share, I'd love to hear them. Hope you all have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog

Dog Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory