Tuesday, May 12, 2009

What I've learned so far

As you know, I've started this blog as part of my blogging class. I had the option to continue or end this after the class ended this semester. I've chosen to continue.

When I first started writing this blog, I knew I would have a few topics, but until you've been doing it awhile, it's apparent that writing a blog is more than just writing a few good posts. Blogging is much more than what you see on the surface. I have found over the past month and a half, it takes a good amount of planning to come up with worthy topics. It's also good to know who you are writing for. They are the ones who will enjoy reading what you have to say and get something out of it. It's given me a voice and structure to a subject I hold close to my heart.

Blogging is also about reaching out to others. There are times, I may do so by sharing a comment with a blogger whose posts I totally got. I just had to share my feelings. It's a form of expression. If you are doing a blog for family and friends, it's a way to deepen a connection with a common interest. If you are doing a blog for family, friends and strangers, like I did, it's a way to learn about yourself and take a risk by sharing your words in a public manner.

By working on a schedule and having a certain requirements for the class, writing for my blog has givent structure and discipline. Being a creative individual, organization isn't something that comes easy. I've learned that writing an effective blog is a balancing act. I've enhanced my writing skills, pushed my coding skills further and found a way to meet people from all over who share a common interest. The video below echoes my feelings about blogging because they all work together to achieve a common goal:

Rat on a Cat on a Dog from Heidi Petty on Vimeo.



Lastly, I would like to thank all of my readers. I still have much to learn, but you all have made the learning process of blogging all the more worthwhile.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you decided to continue blogging. It's a great way to network and share your thoughts with others. You also can find some great information, or a good laugh, like the video you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogging keeps our mind sharp, our writing skills updated and our creativity at a maximum. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MLDina and Asswass, thank you for your kind words. It's really inspriing to hear from you both. Have a lovely night.

    ReplyDelete

BlogCatalog

Dog Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory