Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Follow up

Yesterday morning, Cookie went to the doctor for her follow-up. Some of you may have read this previous post. Even though, I've noticed an improvement, it was good to hear things straight from the doctor herself.

After testing her out the doctor concluded that her CCL is partially torn but is forming scar tissue over it. It will take some time for Cookie to get back to herself but whether we take the conservative approach or surgical approach, Cookie will never be 100%, like she was. Still, from this diagnosis, it makes complete sense to go the non-surgery route.

So, where does she go from here? Well, the doctor prescribed more anti-inflammatory medication. I'll be back to being able taking her on walks and to help heal faster and stronger. Also, I'm going to be taking her to the local dog beach to get back on track. As I write this, I feel a huge sigh of relief. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks. I hope that none of you guys are ever in this situation.

Well guys, thanks for stopping in. I love to hear from you as always and I hope you have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog

Dog Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory