Friday, October 30, 2009

Halloween Parade

Cookie, Gigi and Me

Cookie, Me and Gigi before the Parade



I've never been one who's been big on Halloween. I really hadn't done much with this holiday since I was a kid. Then one day, a couple of my friends convinced me to wear a costume. I discovered how much fun dressing up could really be.

A few weeks ago, I was in Target with my mom, we came across the pet Halloween costumes. Since Cookie barks like crazy at all of the trick or treaters, I thought it would be a good idea to have her dressed up. So Cookie will be a ladybug and Gigi will be a Pumpkin.

Flash forward to last Saturday. A local nursery was having a pet parade. There were over 81 dogs that participated. They took our picture. One of the dogs was Cinderella who won the Most Creative costume. Another dog, a Boston Terrier, was dressed for the Boston Tea Party, and received Most Breed Appropriate. It was on the cold side (48 degrees F, 9 degrees C) so I was all zipped up in the photos.

Cinderella with Pumpkin

Cinderella with her Pumpkin Coach


Below are some of those photos, I thought I would share.

An Astronaut with Gigi

Gigi talking to an Astronaut


Banana Dogs

Going As Bananas


Cub Fan

A True Cub Fan


Hot Dog

Hot Diggety Dog!


Monkey Dog

Monkey Dog


Super Dogs

A Pair of Super Dogs, both Boston Terriers!


WatchDog

Dan the Watch Dog, (pun intended!)


What are you all doing for Halloween this year? Well, whatever you do, I hope you all have a safe and happy one. Thanks for stopping in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BlogCatalog

Dog Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory