There's nothing like when you are walking in the park and come across a man hanging out with his dog. As a single woman who loves dogs, the sight of this is very sexy. Even if a guy is typically a jerk, seeing him with a dog seems to erase that fact. While you can't make a guy become less of a jerk, seeing him with a dog seems to bring out his human side.
Here are reasons why guys who own dogs appeal to women so much:
- It's an icebreaker! If you see an attractive guy walking by himself, it's harder to strike up a conversation, but when you see him with a dog, you can approach them more easily. In general, most dogs are people-friendly and owners who bring their dogs to a public place are likely to be more outgoing. On rare occasions you may run into a guy who is more aloof or his dog is protective, but all in all, it's a great way to meet someone without being under a lot of pressure.
- The owner is more relaxed when he's with his dog. When a man is with his dog, his attention is focused on the dog, more often than the surrounding atmosphere. They are instantly smiling and laughing when around their dogs. That instantly erases any tension.
Look at our nation's president. Never was there as much excitement as there was when he added Bo to his household. Granted, he isn't single but one can see the difference in a photo when you see him with Bo.
- It shows they're responsible. Owning a dog is a huge commitment. To be a good pet owner, you need to put their needs first because they are dependent on you. Many men can be very selfish but when you see a guy with a dog, that quality seems to vanish.
- They are more organized. Every dog has a daily routine. Dogs are simple, they don't ask for much except to be feed, exercised and loved. Every successful dog/owner relationship is used to a routine. A dog is an ongoing commitment and needs structure. Most men have this down to a science.
- It shows they have compassion. Any man who takes care of a dog (or cat) has empathy. It may not translate perfectly to their understanding of women but that ability for empathy helps when life can get difficult.
Pitfalls To WatchThere are some men who will take advantage of this fact. They know that dogs are a "chick magnet" but only want the rewards but never do any of the work. They will borrow a friend's dog and pretend that the dog is theirs.
However, every tried and true method for success will have people who will exploit the situation. It's a small sacrifice to make if you meet someone who is just as much of a dog lover as you are.