On March 31st, 2009, I started this blog as part of my Blogging and Podcasting class taken at school. Since then, I haven't been able to stop. This blog and the people I've met through it have given me such joy that this has become a labor of love. As I write this post, Homer is laying on my lap (the big baby) and groaning if he gets disturbed.
This year we've had some interesting discoveries and statistics:
- Our RSS subscribers have doubled over the last year.
- This blog has been viewed in 106 different countries over the past year.
- Firefox is the most popular browser used to surf this blog.
- Direct traffic to this website increased by 50%.
- Our top ten blog posts were:
- 20 Dog Breeds That Make Great Running Companions
- The National Dog Show
- Diabetes Detection Dogs
- The Most Popular Dog Breeds
- The Many Ways To Bike With Your Dog
- Dog Fonts
- Prey Of The Dog: Down Under
- Countries Unite To Help Japan
- Rusty The Vagabond Dog
- Cat Adopts Basset Hounds On The Cat's Meow
It's been quite a year. What are some things you would like to see in this blog for the new year?
I'll be updating you occasionally on Cookie's progress. She is walking but is only using three of her legs. To compensate for not taking her on walks, I've been taking her on car rides with my morning dog walks since she loves the car.
I'm going to take her downstate to a teaching hospital to save on surgery costs. It will take some time. In the meantime, I've had a couple of readers inquire about donations so I've set up a donation page through GiveForward.com/cookiescclsurgery . I am seeking other fundraising options as well.
I thank you all for your encouraging words and support during this time. It's been extremely comforting.